Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2013

Authority.

For everyone thinking that this is going to be really interesting: Maybe. For all the others thinking I have a problem with authority in general: Wrong. I respect authority. Best seen in the fact that I really want to become a police officer and therefore shall be respected as a person holding authority. Alas, as we know in germany that is rarely the case. However, I am getting off topic.

My problem with authority in this way is the fact that it is sometimes given to people without them earning it in any way or are actually able to be a respectfull person. Now it can be difficult to act as a person with authority but in certain positions in our world it is needed. Very needed.

As an example I am going to take my late work: There I had a lot of people standing above me, careerwise and were therefore in charge of me and telling me what to do. However, in some cases I am not even the only one wondering how some of them were set as persons in charge. Bosses. Why is he our boss, if he doesn't even really know what the hell we are doing here? Yep, a very common question in my late workplace.

Now, there is particular person I would like to address there. It's a woman, but that is not the problem. She was working in a different part of my work before and was later assigned as my boss with no knowledge of what we were doing exactly. And that woman is supposed to tell me how to do my job? Really? I will not even go so far to say that, in general, my respect for a person with authority has to earned. If you are not able to tell me "Shut up and do your job right" in the face, I will not respect that person. Regardless of their position on the paper.

There is another catch to my story of that woman. Later, I actually found out that her contract to work with us would not have been prolonged, if she had not applied for that assignment as my boss. So someone who was meant to be thrown out anyway is now boss in my former workplayer. Yep, that really happened.

See the problem? Authority is handed out like candy to persons who do not deserve or can handle it correctly... Actually, that is a good summary, I will end it with that.

'till next time.
Azure

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen